Travelling to India – Most important part is your Visa Document. Visit to India requires the Visa compulsorily. It is also very important for travelers to keep the travel document always with oneself during entire visit.
Besides that other documents like:
- Original Passport and a Photocopy of passport information and signature page. Passport must be valid for 6 months beside the stay in India.
- Visa Application forms must be filled and signed by the traveler on their own. Signatures on passport and the form must be same. visa form must be printed and signed on both pages
- Recent passport sized colored photograph (2*2 sized) with plain background.
- Proof of address is also required for the visa processing. Utility bills, driving license whichever has the clear address to contact, then the clear photography of the document is essential.
- If a minor is travelling with you, then photocopy of birth certificate is a must.
- Citizens of Japan, after arriving to Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata or Mumbai can apply for Visa.
- Citizens of Nepal, Bhutan, and Maldives does-not require Visa to enter India. They are connected to India via Land boarders. Maldives has a free visa validity till 90 days.
- Cost or Visa differs depending upon the countries and application requirements.
- Citizens of Afghanistan, Argentina, Bangladesh, Jamaica, South Africa, Uruguay, DPR Korea, Maldives, Mauritius, and Mongolia do not pay a visa fee.